Search the Case Studies
Search the Articles
Search the Membership
MirandaNet Fellowship Casestudy
Proposal: An Inspirational Diary
Tracking the introduction of concept mapping and non-linear presentation for learners at GCSE
Year of posting: 2006
This case study will track the introduction of 'Inspiration' software into a secondary school Geography dept. The aim is to provide an insight into:
- The pathways and pitfalls of introducing change and new software into a teaching syllabus
- Identify the advantages and any problems for learning using concept mapping and a non-linear approach to classroom learning and capturing outputs from the learning process.
- Record student reactions and creativity in appying concept mapping and non-linear approaches to learning.
- Provide exemplar materials of learning created form this kind of learning environment.
- Offer ideas on where this kind of learning environment could develop further with multi modal communication:
- Video streams
The method used to capture information will be in the following forms:
- Personal journal
- Video and sound footage of classroom activitity
- Outputs from pupils learning
A key element in writing up this case study will be expereimenting with multi modal, non-linear methods of presentation.
Concept mapping, Inspiration software, non-linear presentation methods
MirandaNet Members can go to the Log on/off area to edit their own casestudies.