Search the Membership
Search the Case Studies
Search the Articles
MirandaNet Fellowship Profiles (MirandaNet Archive - as of March 2015)
In my eyes, Information and communication technologies (ICT) are important tools for delivering education around the world. However, despite the proliferation of initiatives that promote ICT4E, there was little guidance for policy-makers and donors on what is already being done and how well it works.
- The importance of ICTs for training teachers. Much of this takes the form of basic computer literacy instead of how to integrate computers into teaching methods, but the emphasis on building capacity is important.
- Secondly, providing and sustaining ICT infrastructure in schools, especially through public-private partnerships, is essential.
- Thirdly, while ICT is an important part of formal educational institutions, it can be just as powerful in non-formal education settings, creating the opportunity for life-long learning.
- Finally, several countries have very strong Open and Distance Learning initiatives that seek to provide mass education and overcome geographic or financial barriers.
ICT in EDU
Importance of fostering an ICT 'ecosystem' with numerous constituent parts working in collaboration to provide opportunities for innovative educational approaches. ICTs can be seen as a platform to overcome the worst parts of education and learning while creating new opportunities and innovative ways to teach and learn. Meeting this demand can take many forms - from distance learning on a radio or TV, to newer devices like the widespread mobile phone. Through it all though, the importance of local context and systematic capacity building is key. Careful monitoring and evaluation, and coordination, are critical to success.
In recent scenario, ICT playing a vital role in education. Technology development always attracting to be partof this.
Indian Govt. is very keen to development the education through ICT implementation.
Being a business resource person, am looking a lot of oppurtunity are waiting for ICT Education Solution Provider company. Only eyes needs to see it.
On behalf of Business Development Manager (Everonn Education Limited), am approaching these project for ICT resource development
- Education Consultant of India Limited, India
- Directorate of school Education, Haryana, India
-Municipal Corporation Of Delhi, Delhi, India
-New Delhi Municipal Corporation, New Delhi, India
- Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi, India
- State Council of Educational Research and Training, Chhattisgarh, India
-Directorate of Education, Uttarakhand, India
-Kendriya Hindi Sansthan, agra, UP, India
MirandaNet Members can go to the Log on/off area to edit their own profiles.