Search the Membership
Search the Case Studies
Search the Articles
MirandaNet Fellowship Profiles (MirandaNet Archive - as of March 2015)
Ghulam Waris Iqbal
I am: Ghulam Waris Iqbal
- Master in History (University of Punjab)
- Certificate in Professional Studies in Education Bradford University UK
- Attended the Summer School titled:
Developing Educators in Pakistan held by IFC
- Nine years Teaching experience at BSS
- Five years Working experience as Urdu Coordinator in BSS Central Region
- Working as Urdu Curriculum Coordinator at SGO III BSS Central Region for the Last Year
- Regular Presenter of workshops for Urdu Teachers in SPELT
Curriculum Development& implementation:
- Working as a member of Urdu Curriculum Group for the last eight years, developed BSS Urdu Reading Scheme and Curriculum from Nursery till Five.
- Providing support and guidance to Urdu and Islamiat teachers of SG III school
- Exploring new ways of teaching Urdu Language and transferring them to Urdu teachers accordingly
- Monitoring Urdu assessment in my Schools Group schools
- ICT is my passion so I am introducing ICT integration in Urdu Lessons.
- “Kawish” Three books on Urdu Language for Classes VI, VII, VIII
- Working onMS- Office
- Working onPublishers
- Working onIn page
- Browsing Internet
Using Educational Software (Inspiration, Decision Decision, Neighbourhood, etc
Basically I am not a computer person, I did not do anything in field of computer but I learnt computer by myself own and now I can use computer freely. But ICT integration is more than simply using computer.
In my subject ICT integration is very difficult because we don’t have required software, so we use English software and fulfill our requirement. Two or three years before we the Urdu teachers and curriculum Coordinator did not courage to even speak about ICT integration but now we are doing successfully. I am doing DTWICT. Making video on movie maker by using pictures, importing Urdu Narration in my own voice, uploading it on U-Tube and Embedding it on my own social net work was great learning experience, for me.
' Kawish ' Urdu Language for Class VI
' Kawish ' Urdu Language for Class VII
' Kawish ' Urdu Language for Class VIII
MirandaNet Members can go to the Log on/off area to edit their own profiles.