Search the Membership
Search the Case Studies
Search the Articles
MirandaNet Fellowship Profiles (MirandaNet Archive - as of March 2015)
I am currently a deputy headteacher at Heaton Children’s Services. This is a large three-form entry primary school with a behavioural unit, forest school and children’s centre. We work in a challenging and complex urban area of Bradford. I am responsible for developing the school’s ICT; and leading inclusion, the foundation stage, key stage 1 and assessment.
Generally my goal is to, “make things better”. The learning needs of our children are inseparable from the context of their lives and the curriculum and support we provide. Our approach to technology and ICT is to consider how it will help the children learn and how it will help us make things better.
Prior to returning to working within a primary school I was a learning consultant in a London City Learning Centre. During this time I led the many projects in developing an innovative ICT enhanced curriculum. My MA research was focused on the impact of these innovative projects; including the BFI digital media literacy lead practitioner programme. My dissertation considered the use of research based approaches to hear “learner voice” and provide a better, personalised curriculum.
Before I was a teacher I worked for a Apple Macintosh focused consultancy and developed databases. As an ICT co-ordinator at Bowes Primary School in London I established, against the tide, the use of Apple technology in primary learning. Promoting video editing and animation as a means of creative expression.
My blog is at supercollision.posterous.com and my twitter address is @gocollide.
- Productive uses of ICT, such as programming, design and digital media.
- Identifying the appropriate technologies to meet needs through an eclectic mix of tools and resources rather than a “one size fits all” approach.
- Working with Google Apps as a better learning platform augmented by tools such as Edmodo or Schoology.
- Building a “liberal arts” and constructivist approach to ICT that erodes the boundaries between technology based learning and other areas of learning.
- Harnessing school data systems to provide useful information that can lead to better conversations and solutions.
MirandaNet Members can go to the Log on/off area to edit their own profiles.