Search the Membership
Search the Case Studies
Search the Articles
MirandaNet Fellowship Profiles (MirandaNet Archive - as of March 2015)
Information Technology in the form of communication is vital. I particularly find interest when information technology is used to deliver knowledge & education resource limited settings. My main career objectives are
1. To work with an organization committed to creating a better future in world, by implementing and sponsoring communications technology solutions to accelerate education, employment and empowerment of those around us.
2. Implement technological approaches to subject material. Research educational resources on the Internet. Assist with information retrieval.
I have a healthy interest with the Internet and the World Wide Web, multimedia technology and design caters for this. Multimedia stimulates more than one sense at a time and in doing so, may be more attention-getting and attention-holding. I love creating something that grabs peoples' attention. Information technology plays an increasingly important role in health education - in the form of obtaining and decimating vital information to the right people i.e. health practitioners and educators.
I attend gym every week and find it enjoying and challenging to push myself to the limit for mental and physical gain.I particularly enjoy listening to music and find more appreciation in learning about the science of music. I enjoy reading works by philosophical authors including Marcus Aurelius, Napoleon Hill, Machiavelli.
ICT has developed tremendously over the last two decades, and as a result I have a keen interest in these changes and would like to be a part of them. ICT was not my first degree. I completed my first degree in Mechanical Engineering from Makerere University, Uganda in 2000.My interest in Robotics and Autonomous Systems led me to the interesting field of information technology. Between 2004 and 2007, I went to India and studied 2 masters programmes i.e. Master of Science in Information Technology (MScIT) from Sikimm Manipal University and Master of Technology in Engineering Management (MTECH) from Manipal University. I also obtained a diploma in Computer Aided Designing majoring in Pro/ENGINEER software from the CADD center in India.
I am a hard working individual and currently work at a Project managed by Makerere University as Project coordinator. The main objective of the project focus on the following three areas;
1.Improve the quality and relevance of medical education and service training in Uganda.
2.Providing incentives and support to faculty and students to undertake locally driven trans-disciplinary research on topics relevant to Uganda
3.Facilitate efficient conduct of education to increase number of HWs trained and research through support systems capacity building
Tasks as a project coodinator generally include:
- meeting with clients (students, teachers, administrators, subject matter experts and health workers etc) to establish their expectations and needs;
- advising clients (students, teachers, administrators, subject matter experts and health workers etc) on what is technically possible and producing a proposal including, for example, the range and scope of the work and realistic timescales and costs;
- assembling a development team and keeping them updated on the project;the development team includes programmers, content experts etc.
- working-up design ideas using computer-based design packages;
- collaborating with other specialists, writers, animators, artists, sound engineers and programmers;
- authoring files into a single program;
- testing and adjusting final programs;
- producing finished design work and presenting final designs to clients;
- observing company policy in terms of producing and archiving product documentation as well as any reports and recommendations;
- gaining final sign-off from the client;
- agreeing on the upgrading of the product or website with the client.
This position has allowed me to develop and gain the following skills and experience;
- creative flair and a good understanding of technical processes;
- operation skills in the use of specific operating systems such as MAC OS X, Windows, Android
- a passion for information technology and good programming skills and the willingness to keep up to date with technological developments;
- high level of competency in using a suite of relevant software applications, such as, iWork suite, the Adobe suite,iLife suite, Microsoft office suite,Non Linear editing software including Final Cut Pro from Apple, media site from sonic foundry.
- the ability to understand and communicate complex information expressed in numbers, charts or equations;
- the ability to analyse problems and propose solutions;
- attention to detail;
- desire to work on a project from concept through to closure;
- excellent organizational skills to plan projects and meet deadlines;
- confidence and enthusiasm;
- excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen, respond and relate to clients - in particular to explain things clearly to people who may not be very familiar with multimedia products;
- teamwork and a willingness to pass on knowledge and expertise to achieve common goals
Some of the work I have developed can be viewed here http://www.mesau.mak.ac.ug/content/videos
My research interests lie in the following areas;
- multimedia/interactive technology/design/animation;
- graphic and media design;
- computing and computer science;
- business information systems;
- 3D design/visual art;
- fine art/visual art;
- film-making and digital photography;
- software development/engineering;
- web development;
- systems dynamic modeling
- elearning/mobile learning/mobile health/ehealth
It is a great honor and pleasure of mine to share this with you.
Thanks for taking the time to read through.
MirandaNet Members can go to the Log on/off area to edit their own profiles.