Search the Membership
Search the Case Studies
Search the Articles
MirandaNet Fellowship Profiles (MirandaNet Archive - as of March 2015)
I am a teacher of 26 years experience. When I was at school ICT was only just starting to emerge so I enjoy exploring its possibilities as a tool. I review apps, I write blog posts, I instruct in using interactive whiteboards, I have been involved in the UK Digital Leader network. My focus for Miranda membership and subsequently fellowship after a meeting at BETT 2015 is developing global networks and PLN to share ideas and resources with educators across the planet. I want to know what happens elsewhere and I want to share that immediacy of content and information with my pupils and colleagues.
Currently I use ICT to blog about Solo Taxonomy (a pedagogy), mental health based on my experiences and staff wellbeing, and teaching geography. In 2014 I started two twitter based networks:
@globalsolo for teachers interested in or using solo taxonomy in their lessons. One year on we have 1800 educators from Early Years to Post Graduate level sharing resources, ideas and explanations.
@gasigict is aimed at geography teachers. I sit on the ICT voluntary group of The Geographical Association. After delivering an apps workshop in 2014 feedback suggested the need for a central point to get links from. Our twitter account that I run started in May 2014 and now numbers 970 plus followers. I tweet news stories, web links and app ideas.
I also present at, and help to organise Teachmeets and also attend and participate in other educational meets such as pedagoolondon and Northern Rocks.
Promethean UK & Ireland Teacher advocate team- 2015 timeout due to work limits
@ukedmag contributor Jan - Dec 2014 inclusive
Online Presence manager for ICT Special Interest Group of The Geographical Association - @gasigict & http://gasigict.wordpress.com
Founder of @globalsolo & http://globalsolo.wordpress.com
personal blog : http://mishmashlearning.wordpress.com
Teachmeet presenter on digital leaders, solo taxonomy, geography and tech, mindfulness and teacher wellbeing.
Oh, and full time Head of Geography in 11-16 secondary academy
- developing globalsolo network and helping teachers share resources and expertise
- developing gasigict network for international links that help develop and deliver a more immediate curriculum. Bringing geographers together.
- rewriting departments 11-16 curriculum within own department
- working with Promethean and other opportunities to develop curriculum resources
- sharing ideas through online chats around the globe and through events like Teachmeets
- sharing own well being history as part of the #Nurture1415 and #Teacher5aday initiatives. Volunteer in Mindshackles project.
UKEdMag - all 2014 editions
MirandaNet Members can go to the Log on/off area to edit their own profiles.