Search the Membership
Search the Case Studies
Search the Articles
MirandaNet Fellowship Profiles (MirandaNet Archive - as of March 2015)
Recently retired as ICT Lead consultant with a local authority, I now run StrategICT an independent consultancy supporting senior leadership in schools, local authorities and educational ICT suppliers. Most of my work fits the following foci:
- to challenge and support schools to raise educational standards through effective use of ICT
- to support ICT departments in secondary schools maximise improvement in pupil achievement and attainment through effective use use of ICT across the curriculum.
- supporting schools to interpret the 'transforming agenda' and develop pragmatic solutions that are affordable, sustainable and effective given their current levels of funding, resourcing and expertise.
My background is that I have an extensive and successful teaching career, with over twenty years of middle and senior management experience. I also have significant experience of teaching in adult education with over twelve years teaching adults starter courses, qualification and vocational courses to level 3 and company focussed training packages. Since joining a local authority I have further developed my theoretical and practical knowledge of curriculum development and school improvement, led and managed a range of local regional and national initiatives. I have been involved in research and project managed the innovative ImpaCT Centre - concept classroom for the future. I have also carried out consultancy work for national agencies such as QCA, DfES, National Secondary Strategy and Naace.
My particular areas of interest and expertise include:
- Implementation of digital technologies to support learning
- Supporting schools develop a strategic overview of ICT
- Implementation of an appropriate ICT curriculum
- Contemporary approaches to ‘learning to learn'.
- Use of ICT to support teaching and learning across the curriculum
- Assessment for learning
- Analysis and dissemination of educational research
Use of contemporary digital technologies in the classroom. Particularly how do teachers implement the use of new technologies and then find opportunities to become proficient in their use to make them an asset to enhance the learning process.
I am also keen to develop a greater understanding of visual learning particulary in relation to current theories of learning. This to some extent links with the point above as many of the contemporary digital devices are visually oriented.
MirandaNet Members can go to the Log on/off area to edit their own profiles.