About IRIS Connect | Graham Newell | Pilot Study
Powerful CPD through video and web based tools
IRIS Connect is innovative and unique. IRIS Connect evolved from research into what actually works to improve outcomes for pupils and put the teacher at the centre of CPD and school improvement by empowering them to develop their own practice and that of their colleagues.
By fusing a unique blend of a web based platform and exceptionally versatile video camera systems, IRIS Connect has developed a collaborative CPD tool that enables teachers to reflect on, analyse and share teaching practice.
The IRIS Connect web environment is highly secure and teacher friendly. The flexibility of the system means that, if required, you can even provide live in-ear coaching from within the school, or even another school, through the remotely controlled camera system.
IRIS Connect enables:
- Self and peer review
- Lesson observation and feedback
- Coaching and mentoring
- Evidence based objective review and evaluation
- Research and action research
- Real time, in-ear coaching
- Building and sharing libraries of best practice within and across schools.
The IRIS Connect team has a clear understanding of the ‘theory to practice’ of professional development. From the ground up, IRIS Connect was developed to enable those key interactions which help both teachers and schools move to excellence. IRIS Connect was built to support the development of a trust based learning community with exceptionally high levels of security and teacher permissioning which, together with leadership from school managers, minimises the tensions inherent in using video technology.
IRIS Connect is based at the Innovations Centre, University of Sussex, and is a rapidly growing community in over 400 schools, colleges and universities in England and a growing number in Australia, USA and Europe.
- For more information, please look at the IRIS Connect web site.
- Information specifically about their research work with MirandaNet.
- Contact IRIS Connect on 08453 038 578 or using the web contact form.